Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tex-Mex Chili

This Chili recipe came from Abbie, one of my dearest friends. Best to my recollection, I told her I was in pursuit of a tasty chili recipe. Once again, I had made a chili my husband enjoyed yet I was not a fan of. I’ve never cared much for chili’s style, to be honest. Don’t ask me why, I really have no idea what my tiff seems to be with a much beloved favorite. Anyhow, Abbie told me this was a must try recipe before I shooed the entire thought of chili away. Well, of course she was right. It is simply delish! She definitely impressed me with her chili I really should not have been so surprised. She is an extremely talented woman with a knack at pretty much everything! I have found that she has a true wealth of knowledge on many topics but especially in crafts and photography. That should not have surprised me to since she comes from a very talented family. So, I hope you enjoy yourself with a nice hot bowl of her Chili and maybe this story will help you get out there and be a little creative too!


Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet of hidden valley ranch dressing
1 can of white corn
1can of yellow corn
1 can of black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can of dark kidney beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can stewed tomatoes with green chilies

Directions

Brown ground beef  using half  the packets of ranch and taco seasoning over med high heat. Then pour meat and the rest of the ingredients, plus the seasoning in a stock pot (dutch oven). Bring to a boil and then simmer for an hour.

Slow Cooker  opt.  Brown meat then pour the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on med heat for 4-5 hours. Slow cookers vary, so cook until well heated. serves 8-10 nice sized bowls

1 comment:

abbiejsmith said...

I feel so special!! I love you too!!