Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Pound Cake

Where do even begin with this recipe. Well it was given to me by the Smith family a few years ago. My husband and I are truly grateful for so many things about the Smiths. Read here for a better understanding of what I mean. All the many blessings the Smith family have given to our family are cherished gifts, but the one I'm thinking of today was the best financial advice my husband and I have received this far. Don't go into debt over your wedding. It's the best pearl of wisdom with the hardest sting initially. We followed their advice and had a small wedding (30 people) I thought I would be more heartbroken by not inviting everyone I knew on planet to my wedding, but I wasn't. It's funny to me now after so many of my dear friends have gotten married the one thing I heard  them say over and over again was how much of  a hard day they had. Many of them hardly sat down and enjoyed the moment as it was passing them by. With more guests came more responsibility to visit with everyone and yet someone always seems to be forgotten and that person usually created a stink later. It's sad to me how weddings have become more about the people attending. How much you need the best of the best and less about the true meaning of it all… the unity of two people making a commitment to each other and God to stay together at all costs the good and the bad. Love doesn't mean just until I find something better or until you’re not paying enough attention to me. Its self sacrificing (which is sooo hard) it means even though I don't LIKE you right now I'm choosing to LOVE you ALWAYS. Thank you Smith's for your God given gift in teaching us young marrieds what it means to have a lasting beautiful marriage and for some yummy cake too!   (Please understand if you are being abused get help there are churches all over our nation that are willing and wanting to help you. Here is a website that can also  help http://www.focusministries1.org/ )

Ingredients

  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon all spice



 

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a bundt pan.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake for about 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Bundt is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments: