Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mexican Wedding Cookies‏

When you think of June what comes to your mind? For many it's one of the most popular months to get married. My parents included who are celebrating their 29th Wedding Anniversary today. So,  I thought I would celebrate by sharing with you a cookie my wedding planner Leah made for our wedding. Leah did a beautiful job packaging them. She put these delightful cookies in white crisp boxes and wrapped them with  lilac paper and a thick silver ribbon. As I'm sure you are beginning to picture the theme for our wedding had a frost or wintry feel to it which was perfect since we were married in February. All our guests simply loved these cookies as I hope you will too.



1 c. butter ,soften

1/2 c. white sugar

2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 tsp. almond extract

2 c. all purpose flour

1c. pecans finely chopped



powder sugar for garnish





Mix butter and sugar until smooth. Then add vanilla and almond extracts and blend well. Finally mix flour  and add  finely chopped pecans at the end. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Afterward shape into balls and bake 15-20 min at 325. Once cooled dust with powered sugar.

No comments: