Friday, October 22, 2010

Italian Chicken Cheesy Pasta




This may sound silly but I'm really excited to post this recipe you see my sweet sister in law Jesse gave it to me. It's such a treat because we have such a blast when we are together. We always plan fun things to do with the kids and without fail some mommy away time too. Which usually includes shopping or in the past a late night full of girl talk and cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory ;) As the story goes for this delicious recipe my sister in law’s husband had an idea of what he wanted for dinner and together they came up with this tasty pasta dish. When she told me about it I was excited yet for some reason life happens and I had forgotten where I placed her list of ingredients for this dish. So when I made it I made sure to write everything down including the measurements twice!! The first time I made it my family liked it so much I made it twice that same week! Hey when you find a winner that the little peapods gobble right up with no complaints you make it again. Thanks Jesse for sharing your yummy recipe!


Ingredients

1 pkg. of Angel Hair Pasta

1lb Cubed Chicken Breast

 1/3 c. Italian Dressing

1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
2 garlic cloves minced
 Lime (tastes good yet even without lime)
1 c. shredded white cheddar cheese
1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese

Directions
Bring a pot of water to a boil, and then add pasta boil until al dente. Sauté Chicken in dressing and season with salt, pepper crushed red pepper, basil, oregano, parsley, and lime. When chicken is fully cooked mix pasta and 1/4 c. each of white cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese in with chicken and sauce. Once plated then finish by adding extra Italian dressing and cheese over top.

No comments: