Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mini Shrimp Packets

With New Years Eve just a day away now I thought it would be appropriate to give you a few of my favorite hors d’oeuvres recipes. Kids and men alike will snatch these little goodies right up!  One nice thing about New Years Eve is that there really isn't much expected of it. You can go out to a nice dinner, celebrate at a party or just stay home and enjoy a lovely crackling fire while snuggled under a blanket. All of which are perfectly acceptable ways to celebrate. Which one do you suppose I will be doing this year?
To ready my home for the New Year I've removed all the Christmas themed decorations. That is except for the tree which of course will remain up with its twinkling lights ( no ornaments) until New Years Day. As for the rest of my home I always feel sad when I remove all the Christmas cheer, and then feel impatient for spring after putting all my flowers and wreaths back in their usual places. So, I’ve decided that this year will be different. I believe it is about time to enjoy the  whole winter season which of course to me means keeping all my little chubby snow men up. I also decided to string the white snowflakes from my tree on some lovely snowflake ribbon. It now hangs over the big window in my living room. I've kept several icicle and berry wreaths up around the house too. I put an arrangement of white pearls and glistening ice on branches in a tall glass vase to aid in this wintry charmed feeling of snow. My Christmas cards will also stay up on their shinny ribbons for another week or so. All in all I'm quite happy with it, but of course my spring flowers will make their appearance again...I'm thinking the week before Valentine's Day should be perfect.



Ingredients

  • 1 pound medium shrimp - cooked, peeled and deveined
  • 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
  • 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cabbage
  • 3 green onions, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrot
  • 1 1/2 tsp. of Tony's Cajun seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp white pepper
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 48 wonton wrappers
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons water

Directions

  1. Chop shrimp; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add mozzarella cheese; mix well. Stir in the cabbage, onions, carrot, Cajun seasoning, white pepper, garlic and shrimp. For each shrimp roll, place 1 tablespoon of shrimp mixture across the bottom third of a wonton wrapper to within 1/4 in. of bottom and side edges. Combine flour and water until smooth; brush a 1/4-in. wide strip on side edges and fold side edges over 1/4 in. Brush side edges and top edge with water mixture. Fold wonton wrapper over filling  like an envelope over filling,  pinch edges to seal completely.
  2. Lightly spray rolls with nonstick cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve warm.  originally allrecipes revised

2 comments:

amy said...

Is this the recipe that you used for my shower? They were delicious!

Camarie said...

Yes, it is Amy!I made sure to write it up the same way I made them for your shower. I'm thrilled you enjoyed them so much!