Sunday, December 5, 2010

Quickie Fudge

Alright let me start with saying that candy making has not come natural to my family for many generations. So, in saying this I'm on a mission to change that, break the cycle one piece of candy at a time. It's kind of ironic to me and many others I'm sure that my Dad owned a Gourmet Chocolate Company.  He carried many delectable treats from Germany, Switzerland and Italy just to name a few. Even though my family has not been candy makers or chocolatiers we definitely know what the very best should taste like. Years of training I suppose. Well I'm not saying that this fudge is European worthy, but for fast fudge in no time it's pretty darn good.



 Oh you want a story...well I suppose I could share one with you :)


Once upon a time there were two little blonde girls that lived in a house on top of a hill and those little girls had a Daddy that sold chocolate. Well their Daddy had a special room that he kept all the most delicious chocolate anyone had ever tasted under lock and key. What do you suppose those sweet innocent little girls could possibly do when the parents went away? Why yes of course you got it breaking and entering would be the crime of this passion! For the older daughter (which was me I) lost interest 5 min in with that bobby pin. Just because it works for Nancy Drew doesn't mean it will work for anyone one else ;) The younger sister was more dedicated she would try anything that was small enough to jam in that door  hangers, nails, seafood pick/forks, toys, corn on the cob holders, pens( those didn’t  work out so well) truly anything! That poor little girl would sit there trying to open that door until she heard her Daddy's car drive up the driveway. Then she was quick as a flash scramble to put everything away! When Daddy came through the door both girls greeted him with a “Hi Daddy".          THE END  

Oh P.S. the younger one did succeed a few times...



Ingredients
1lb confectioners’ sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
1/4 c. milk
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Blend together confectioners’ sugar and cocoa in a mixing bowl. Pour in milk place butter on top. Heat in microwave oven on full power for 2 minutes until butter melted. Stir well to mix ingredients. Add vanilla and nuts. Stir until blended. Then pour into a loaf pan .Place in freezer for 20 min or in refrigerator for 1 hour. Chill. Cut into 1 inch squares and store in an airtight container. This recipe came from and old church cookbook that belonged to my Grandmother

No comments: