Friday, November 5, 2010

The Perfect Pot Roast

This recipe was given to me by my dear friend Angela. This special friend has mastered the crock pot so in saying that truth I hope to receive many more yummy recipes from her! I believe this by far is the best pot roast ever made! The secret is the wine and vinegar attributes that give this pot roast its extra zip. It’s funny because that is how I would describe Angela full of zip! She’s always ready and there to take on life challenges and with such grace. I feel truly blessed to have her as a friend. She has been a strong rock during some of life’s toughest challenges for me and I will always be eternally grateful to her for that. So with challenges there must be comfort go ahead and have some true comfort food…pot roastJ



Ingredients
3-lb beef boneless tip roast
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1/2 c. apple cider vinegar

1/2 c. red wine (I think the combination of the three is best but another option is 1 c of red wine vinegar)

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

½ teaspoon pepper

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon mixed dried herb leaves (such as 1/2 tsp. marjoram, 1/4 tsp. basil and 1/4 tsp. oregano)


Directions
  1. If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove.     
  2. Place beef roast in 4- to 5- quart slow cooker then surround roast with potatoes and carrots. Pour wine and vinegar over beef  and then add garlic ,herbs, salt and pepper
  3. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours



No comments: