Saturday, July 10, 2010

Barbecue Pulled Pork

What is it about us Americans and our BBQ?! We like it Dry, Spicy, Sweet and Tangy I could go on but then I'd bore you. Down here in the South many people have a love affair with Dreamland BBQ (this includes my husband). I find it fascinating how every region of the south has their own style or flare of barbecue. I think my favorite may be Memphis style. If you asked  me to explain it I'm afraid I can not. Hey I'm just excited that I now know a style that pleases me a little more than the others. All of this talk about styles of barbecue reminds me of a client I had  back in Hair school. He shared with me that he thought I would make an excellent BBQ Judge. I secretly laughed at the thought of me doing that only because at the time I could have been Elle Woods sister from  the movie Legally Blonde! This man traveled all over the USA judging  barbecue contests and loving every second of it. I enjoyed my conversation with him learning all the ins and outs of his passion. It was the best part of being  a Hairstylist for me having a 30 min+  window to talk but mostly listen to whatever was on my clients mind. So this BBQ Pulled Pork is for the now infamous ( at least in my mind) BBQ Judge.






Ingredients

1 (14 ounce) can beef broth

pork roast

1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce

A package of buns




Directions

Add  pork roast to slow cooker and pour can of beef broth around pork roast but not on it. Cook on low heat for 7-9 hrs, or until meat shreds easily. If you have a larger roast more than 3 lbs I would put it on high for a couple hours then on low. 2 hrs before your ready to eat check it and turn up the heat if it's not starting to shred apart. Once ready remove meat, and shred with two forks. It will seem that it's not working right away, but it will

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (175 degrees C). Transfer the shredded pork to a baking dish and add as much sauce as you desire. Then bake covered in the preheated oven for 15 min, or until heated through.

No comments: