Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Garlic Marinated Steak

Can I just say that this marinate makes for an amazing steak! I went looking for this recipe because we were out of our favorite steak marinate. I have to say this marinate quickly became our new favorite. I know it's alot of ingredients but you need to make this at least once in your life. You won't regret it I promise you! The best part of making steaks for me is that once the meat has marinated for awhile and is ready my husband takes over from there. So as you can see mixing a bunch of ingredients  then pouring it over meat and then giving it to someone else is not to hard . In fact I love steak night beacuse I feel as if I don't have to cook!


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil 
  • 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (haven't tried it with this yet but I here it will put it over the moon)
  • 1 pinch cayenne pepper
  • 2  steaks

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, olive oil, ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, liquid smoke, and cayenne pepper.
  2. Place steaks in a shallow glass dish with the marinade, and turn to coat. For optimum flavor, rub the liquid into the meat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days for best results but a few hours works too. I 've even done just 30 min not as amazing as if longer but still good.
  3. Preheat grill for medium-high to high heat.
  4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill steaks 7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.Baking them for 10-20 min at 450 is another option. My husband discovered this himself. Discard leftover marinade.

No comments: