Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sugar Cookies

I thought with all of the meals that you maybe craving a sweet treat by now. I made these cookies a little earlier this week and I finally feel I've tweaked them just right. If there were anything that could bring you back to your childhood I think these cookies could do it. Sugar cookies remind me of my Mom or Dad taking my sister and I to the Grocery store. We would pull  up with our cart along the big bright glass cases in the Bakery and  say good morning or afternoon to the Baker. He or She would have a huge smile on their face and tell my sister and I how absolutely adorable they thought we were and ask us if we wanted a cookie. The answer was always YES!!!

Ingredients

 1 c. Butter
1 c. Powder sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
4 c. flour, unsifted
1 Tbs vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg ( opt)


Directions

Mix in order and refrigerate for at least an hour. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on parchment placed cookie sheet. Then flatten slowly and gently with the bottom end of a glass dipped in white sugar. Bake at  350 for 6-9 min( depending on your oven).  The key again is slightly under baking  this makes it a chewy cookie. If you like a crispy cookie bake it a little longer ( 1-3 min).  The  last few min are the most important in baking so stay close.

No comments: