Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sloppy Joes and Veggies


Last night was all about the quick and the easy. Believe it or not I'm really enjoying my Grocery store protest this week. Yes, I've gone a little deeper in this slightly crazed idea. I figure I will have to go to the store at the very least by the end of the weekend. I just wonder though how many of us have been blessed with food that we just don't eat. Cereals are a major one in my house. I like to buy them on sale and we always seem to get down to the last three bowls and then it just sits there. There are other things to. I have to wonder if we all took the time to think
about what kind of hidden items we have been blessed with that go unused what might come from it. Not to mention other things in our homes besides food. One of my questions lately has been if you have something that you haven't used are you being wasteful? And if thats the case what are you or in this case I going to do about it. Silly huh deep thinking over Sloppy Joe's.

Ingredients

1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper ( I didn't have any but I'm sure it would make it even better)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ( I used 1 garlic clove)
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard ( I used spicy mustard)
3/4 cup ketchup
3 teaspoons brown sugar
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste ( I added this to the meat)
Buns or Bread


Directions


1.In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
2.Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. found on Allrecipes




VEGGIES~ Heat on stove top or in microwave

Frozen Veggies ( I used Italian mix)
Dash Paprika
Dash Garlic Salt (just be careful with your dash of salt you can always add more)
Dash Chives
Dash Dill
A little butter (make sure the focus is the herbs not the butter)

If you feel you need more flavor add another dash or so. This is a fantastic way to grow in your cooking:)

No comments: