Friday, October 1, 2010

Apple Dumplings


Hmm apple dumplings sweet yummy warm apple goodness all wrapped up in a caramel haven of delight. This is just one of the many joys of fall. Oh do love fall! I know you have heard me talk about it before, but if you haven’t noticed I'm a seasonal person. I love to decorate my home with a few of the pleasures of each season so why wouldn't I post recipes accordingly. One simple desire of mine is to have the home have the fragrance of each season too. Of course I completely dropped the ball this past summer but that’s ok I have a whole year to make up for it. My favorite scents for the last few years have been Magnolias or Tulips for spring, Strawberries for summer, Cinnamon and Pumpkin for fall of course and Vanilla and Evergreen for winter. Apples always seem to float throughout the year which brings me back to this dessert which is truly perfect all year round. Enjoy



Ingredients
  • 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
  • 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Mountain Dew ™
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
  3. Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew™ over the dumplings.
  4. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes covered with tin foil until last 10 min in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Allrecipes

1 comment:

Katie Leipprandt said...

Oh yummy! Never heard of Mountain Dew in a recipe like this before....I'm dying to buy loads of apples and get baking/canning! : )