Friday, July 23, 2010

Quiche Quiche Baby

I can't even tell you how excited I am!  We are waiting in great anticipation of a dear friend of mines baby girl to be born! What a trooper my friend is going through much of the Summer extremely pregnant! Your probably asking yourself what on earth does this have to do with quiche? Well, for the last month I've been asking this friend nearly every chance I 've had if I could make her something yummy to eat. Every time she came over I would send her home with as much food as I could. That's not to surprising I'm always trying to get friends to take goodies home:) Well this is one of the meals I was able to convince her to take home. I told her it would probably go to waste if she didn't ...I think you can see through that ;) Anyway I hope you enjoy this recipe!



Ingredients

1  package fresh chopped spinach

1/2 large tomato

1/2 c. sour cream

2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts

1 onion, finely diced

1 pkg of  finely diced ham

1 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

1/2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded

1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated

10 eggs

1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream

salt and pepper to taste

Like on a pizza you can really put whatever meats and veggies you like in it.


Directions

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl add spinach , ham, onion , salt and pepper to taste then gently stir in tomato  just to blend. After add half to each pie crust. Then mix together Monterey Jack, Cheddar and Parmesan, and sprinkle over pies. Whisk together eggs, half-and-half and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper, and pour over pies.

2.Place pies on baking sheet, and bake on middle shelf in preheated oven for 40 minutes. The top will be puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.

No comments: