Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ravioli with Balsamic Brown Butter



Ok so this is the last meal for Pantry Cooking for awhile or at least until I just can't stand the idea of going to the store again. I found this recipe a few years back while babysitting ( don't worry the kids were in their beds fast asleep). One of my favorite things to do is read through my friends and families cookbooks. By the way many if not all the recipes I make I feed blended up for kids when they're babies. I have found that they respond better to food with flavor...shocker huh?! Now I wouldn't serve something really spicy to an infant but some taste is a good thing plus by the time they're toddler age they are already used to the food you make ( and maybe even prefer it LOL) So let me just say my littlest one couldn't get enough of this dish! ( I always add a little water in with anything I blend up for him). By the way you can half this recipe.

Ingredients

18-20 oz store bought ravioli ( cheese , mushroom ,squash etc)
6 Tbs butter unsalted
2 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 toasted , chopped walnuts ( didn't use them this time)
1/4 c of grated Parmesan


Directions

Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli and cook for 4-5 min then drain water. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan on med heat melt butter stirring it occasionally . When foam subsides and the butter begins to turn a golden brown color ( about 3 min) turn off heat and let cool for a min. Then stir in balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Transfer the ravioli to the saucepan with the Balsamic brown butter. Sprinkle with walnuts and Parmesan over top and serve immediately.

No comments: